Because there are such wide variations in material characteristics, it can be difficult to predict flow-rates or the achievable particle size output. Processing a small quantity of product is often the best way for ACC, and our clients, to evaluate the machine selection.
Atlantic Coast Crushers is committed to finding the right fit for our customers, which is why we offer free material testing. Material testing that is performed prior to purchase or installation of one of our Crushers is a way of determining the characteristics of various materials, and how these materials react to the crushing action of our different machines.
These test results, combined with our many years of experience, allows us to determine the best choice of machine design and size.
We run most tests at no charge and we keep several different types of machines available for testing to ensure optimal results. This allows us a better understanding and evaluation of the materials involved. We typically share a link to our video of the product test once complete.
Importance of Material Testing
Material testing is imperative as it determines the accuracy and load capacity of materials in different applications and conditions. The process offers material information that is necessary for engineers, designers, production managers, and others when manufacturing products. Material testing provides data on the composition and capability of the material in question which determines its suitability for a variety of applications. Materials from asphalt and bricks to sandstone and cement are eligible for material testing.
Without material testing, you run the risk of choosing the wrong material for you application which can result in financial losses, manufacturing issues, and more serious complications like infrastructure collapse.
Material Testing Samples
Because there are such wide variations in material characteristics, it can be difficult to predict flow-rates or the achievable particle size output. Processing a small quantity of product is often the best way for ACC, and our clients, to evaluate the machine selection. We have years of experience testing materials. This, along with the product test results, allows us to formulate a better idea of output size and flow-rate. We run our tests at no charge and have the machinery needed to run such tests.
Sample Testing Policies
These are some general guidelines to follow if you would like us to test your materials:
- We ask that customers submit our Sample Testing Form to us via email to notify us of the testing request before shipping any material. This form should also be included with the sample shipment to help us identify it when received.
- Samples sent collect without prior arrangement will not be accepted and may be returned at your expense.
- We don’t test hazardous, or otherwise dangerous or combustible materials.
- A Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) sheet should be included with all samples that require one. You should also mention any safe handling requirements to use before you ship.
- Customers are responsible for inbound and outbound shipping costs. Unless otherwise discusses, we will ship the processed sample back via UPS Collect, so please include your shipper number with the sample to avoid purchase orders or credit card charges. You should also include any special documentation or instructions for shipping along with the sample.
- Please do not send over 100 pounds of material to test. A shipment of one or two 5-gallon pails is sufficient for our testing purposes. For the best evaluation, please include normal problematic lumps as well as difficult chunks. This will allow us to make a more accurate determination.
- Though our machines are regularly cleaned, we cannot guarantee that your product will not become contaminated during the testing process, as our machines are exposed to a wide range of materials. We also reserve the right to return materials untested that we cannot safely handle.
- Extensive testing, such as large volume testing, witnessed tests, or sieve analysis are available, but may require additional fees. This is determined case-by-case, and if there is an unforeseen fee, we can credit the cost towards purchase.
- After processing, we ship all materials back to the customer, including waste. If your sample is suitable for municipal waste disposal, please include a letter on your company letterhead indicating as such.
Please send samples to:
Attn: Sales / Sample Testing
Atlantic Coast Crushers Inc.
128 Market Street
Kenilworth NJ 07033
Why Partner with Atlantic Coast Crushers for Material Testing?
Material testing can help manufacturers avoid costly and even hazardous mistakes by helping them determine which materials are best suited to their application. We tailor our testing capabilities to match your specific needs to ensure you can select the most efficient and expedient machinery for your project. Contact us to learn more about our material testing services.